Saturday, October 8, 2011

Screaming Trees

The trees here in Minnesota are screaming for attention.  The fall color change is at it's peak and we are in a state-wide forest of eye candy.  My drive to work is like the Tour de Fantasyland.

Went for a run this morning on the trails at Hyland Hills park.  The park was gorgeous and the trails were in great shape.  Saw Roger Hauge and some of his friends from his Florida running group.  Roger is always an inspiration...he started running after age 60 and has done 160+ marathons.

Also managed to attend two spinning classes ("studio cycling" in corp-speak) at the health club this week.  So I'm covering two of the tri events, but still haven't started swimming.  But I did get a library book called "Swimming for Complete Idiots".  I can use it to fend off sharks.

The week-long fruit-and-vegetable diet is about to end.  It wasn't too bad, but I've been craving hot food.  My plan is to dive into a Lemon Chicken dinner from my favorite Asian restaurant this evening.  I've lost several pounds on this program, so can highly recommend it, and the LOML Angel says we will do this quarterly to celebrate the change of seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment