Tuesday, October 4, 2011

MOTIVATION

I spent much of the day on Sunday at the ALARC (www.alarc.com)Wall at Mile 20 of the Twin Cities Marathon.  (Marathoners are said to "hit the wall" at mile 20 of a race.)  Had a great time and was even able to handle the announcing for a spell.  It was a gorgeous day and the runners were pumped.  The energy they exude is palpable, and makes me want to join the race.  (I have done the TCM  nine times.  Runner's World says it has the best finish line in all of marathoning.)

The ALARC group is great fun to train and volunteer with.  They put on a couple of races during the year, and sponsor the Ice Dive at Lake Minnetonka on January 1st each year.

My friend Ali completed the TCM is 3:50, just three weeks after doing Ironman Wisconsin.  Way to go Ali!

My greatest motivator is the LOML Angel.  She convinced me to do the Tri U Mah, and to undertake the Reboot.  This is the second day of eating only fruits and Veggies, and I feel good. (Good luck finding produce at Costco, as I cleaned them out yesterday.)  The chance to lose weight is also motivating...I'm down 2.5 lbs. since yesterday.   Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment