Monday, October 3, 2011

The Journey Begins

...with a dead battery.   My truck, The Loon Ranger, refused to start this morning.  Maybe the ghost of Henry Ford was telling me to walk to the health club.  (Oh the irony.)   I jiggled the battery cables and the LR started up and deprived me of the extra exercise.

This morning, I signed up for my first indoor tri, the Tri U Mah at the University of Minnesota on Feb. 5, 2012.
In preparation, the Love Of My Life (LOML) Angel convinced me to do a 24-hour water-only fast yesterday and a 7-day vegetable & fruit-only "reboot" starting today.  We're off to a good start.

My weight after this morning's workout was 228.5 pounds.  I hope to do the tri at approx. 200 lbs.  How will I lose the 28.5 lbs?  Here's the plan:

a) Trim my beard = .1 lb.
b) Wear lighter shoes = .4 lb.
c) Eat less & exercise more = 28 lbs.

It's good to have a plan.

Speaking of Reboots, we watched a movie called "Fat, Sick and Almost Dead".  It's about an overweight Australian who spends 2 months in America and eats only fruit & vegetable juice.  He travels across the country with his juicer, buying supplies along the way.  He loses about 1.5 lb per day.  A very inspiring show.

No comments:

Post a Comment